Job Title: Customer Service Switchboard Operator
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
Location: Peculiar, MO
This is a fast paced, high-energy position that requires strong customer service skills and ability to multi-task in a demanding environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Answer all incoming calls, determining purpose and forwarding calls on a multi-line phone system.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Serve as focal point for communication with customer and company personnel.
- Take and deliver messages or transfer calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answer questions about the company and provide callers with address, directions and other information that may be
- Performs overhead paging.
- Ensures release of any information is consistent with all privacy policies.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Participate in cross-training and be flexible to perform varying roles whenever necessary.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to listen and understand information.
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Keyboarding and windows environment PC skills.
- Ability to communicate information in writing so others will understand.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and remain calm.
- Team oriented and positive attitude.
- Remain in a sitting position and view a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive motion movements using wrists, hands and or fingers.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of customer service principles.
Please submit all resumes with experience and qualifications to email@example.com.
No phone calls or recruiters please.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.