Job Title: Machine Technician/Electrician
Department: Research & Development
Reports To: Director of Research & Development
This position is responsible for performing installations, repairs, preventative maintenance and process improvements on production equipment and facilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for some simple designs, write, install and start up PLC programs on new and existing equipment.
- Supports the R&D Department and companywide needs for electrical wiring, programming, debugging and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment.
- Responsible for assembly of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems on machinery and equipment.
- Responsible for hands on assembly of new and modified machinery and equipment.
- Ensure all aspects of an operation or process meet all specified safety and quality regulations.
- Monitors multiple projects while assuring compliance with approved methods and quality standards.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to design machine control programs using Allen Bradley and Automation Direct software.
- Working knowledge of the theory of machine tooling process.
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow directions and work harmoniously with supervisors and operators.
- Ability to balance several projects and remain composed under pressure.
- Basic knowledge of electrical hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical assembly.
- Good mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical degree preferred
- Must have minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.