Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Department: Building Maintnenace Department
Reports To: Maintenance Manager and Assistant Manager
Location: Peculiar, MO
This position performs routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on buildings and mechanical equipment.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on building equipment this includes electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and gas engine powered equipment.
- Installs electrical wiring and equipment, new electrical services, wiring during remodeling projects; replaces and repairs wiring as needed.
- Repairs electrical equipment and control circuits, replaces faulty electrical switches, repairs HVAC systems.
- Assists with the renovation/remodeling of buildings.
- Assemble and move furniture, hang bulletin boards, move and set up tables and chairs.
- Maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Maintain general housekeeping duties within the department.
- Must comply with company and department rules and procedures.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Fosters positive working relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to trouble-shoot and solve problems.
- Must be able to use hand and power tools.
- Must be able to weld (MIG/TIG).
- Working knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics i.e. valves, cylinders, and pumps.
- Working knowledge of installation and maintenance of electrical systems (through 480 volts).
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must maintain a clean, safe work environment and follow safety procedures.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow directions and work harmoniously with supervisors and operators.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pull of parts and containers.
- Must be able to work weekends/overtime as needed.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Trade School or other specialized training.
- 1 year of experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair.
Please submit all resumes with experience and qualifications to email@example.com.
No phone calls or recruiters please.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.