Job Title: Operator Trainee
Reports To: Extrusion Team Leader
Location: Peculiar, MO Plant
The Operator Trainee will be responsible for packaging and other duties within the Extrusion Department.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for operating coiler, dump table and grinder.
- All packaging functions within the department.
- Perform required quality assurance tests and inspections.
- Monitor and record quality checks (specifications) on all product.
- Notify Team Leader or Department Manager about ANY specification irregularities.
- Monitor and record machine settings.
- Ensure that area is kept clean and maintained at all times.
- Maintain general housekeeping duties within the department.
- Must comply with company and department rules and procedures.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Good eye and hand coordination
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Basic math skills
- Skill in organization and attention to detail
- Team oriented and positive attitude
- Ability to learn to use inspection tools (micrometers, calipers, OD tapes, tape measure, yard stick)
- Must be able to read and understand print sheets
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with assistance
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time and able to engage in frequent bending and squatting
- Must observe and follow all safety rules
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous plastics experience
Please submit all resumes with experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls or recruiters please.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.