Job Title: Quality Technician – Extrusion (2nd Shift)
Reports To: Extrusion Manager
Location: Olathe, KS
This position assists in supporting and implementing the Company’s quality program, specifically in regards to the Extrusion Department.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform and document inspections of vinyl and PE tubing during the extrusion process.
- Perform spot inspections of tubing after production.
- Perform calibrations of Extrusion Department quality tools on a weekly basis.
- Record and maintain quality-related documentation.
- Maintain and file print line samples.
- Assist in Corrective Action or Non-Conformance reporting.
- Assist in training operators on how to inspect tubing properly and how to use quality tools properly.
- Other special projects as assigned.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Make recommendations as needed regarding testing equipment and the inspection of products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to use basic quality hand tools such as calipers and micrometers.
- Team oriented and positive attitude.
- Ability to read and understand related prints, product standards and codes.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior quality experience preferred
- Familiarity with common plumbing products, practices and standards
Please submit all resumes with experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or recruiters please.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.