Job Title: Shipper (2nd Shift)
Reports To: Shipping Manager
Location: Peculiar, MO Plant
Responsible for reviewing packing lists and ensuring the correct product is shipped in a timely and efficient manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Pull orders accurately and efficiently - verify accuracy of orders by checking quantities and product; check products for defects and make sure packing slip is filled out correctly.
- Pack orders – follow procedures to correctly pack down and stack orders properly to ensure safety of shipment.
- Prepare and paste labels on shipments.
- Ensure all transactions are recorded accurately.
- Enter and process shipments through UPS system.
- Determine when to ship orders UPS or Truck.
- Process and ship International and miscellaneous customer orders that have special shipping requirements.
- Check others shippers work for accuracy.
- Make sure product is loaded onto shipment vehicle in a safe and timely manner.
- Must be able to learn product along with corresponding catalog numbers.
- Communicate with customer service, department leaders, truck drivers and pick-up customers.
- Ensure that area is kept clean and maintained at all times.
- Maintain general housekeeping duties within the department.
- Must comply with company and department rules and procedures.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Update training binders with notes as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills.
- Skill in organization and attention to detail.
- Team oriented and positive attitude.
- Ability to read and understand packing lists and packing slip.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pull of parts and containers.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to drive (or learn to drive) forklift and operate pallet jacks in a safe and efficient manner.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Familiarity with warehouse and shipping operations preferred
Please submit all resumes with experience and qualifications to email@example.com.
No phone calls or recruiters please.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.