Job Title:Mid-Level Tool and Die Maker
Department: Mid-Level Tool and Die Maker
Reports To: Tool and Die Department
Location: Peculiar, MO
This position will support production and toolmakers throughout the die build and repair process on CNC and manual machines, mills, lathes, grinders, etc.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to set up and operate CNC and manual machines, tools and equipment to make and repair special tools, dies, jigs
- Help make, repair and modify custom-made, prototype or special tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and gauges using various metals
which require precise dimensions.
- Help prepare templates and sketches and determine work processes and position, secure, measure and lay out metal for
- Complete assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Inspect all work to ensure specifications are met, utilizing appropriate measuring equipment.
- Comply with all company quality, environmental and safety requirements.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Good understanding of programming and feeds and speeds on CNC machines.
- Self-motivated; must demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good math skills, including geometry.
- Ability to read measurements accurately (micrometer, calipers, dial indicator, etc.).
- Good communication skills.
- Obtain own personal tools.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technical certification and/or Associates degree in related field.
Please submit all resumes with experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or recruiters please.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.