Job Title: Regional Sales Manager (RSM) - Canada
Reports To: Sales Director
Location: Peculiar, MO Plant
The RSM is accountable and responsible for leading and directing their specific sales region, managing sales performance and training of independent rep agencies, factory sales personnel and Regional Sales Support team member(s). The RSM will develop customer relationships and guide and raise the performance of the sales team.
Essential Job Functions
- Must possess significant product knowledge over the breadth of the product line. RSM is required to be an accomplished presenter for all of Sioux Chief’s core products.
- Responsible for Representative product training, implementing best practices and assist the sales force in making professional presentations at all levels including contractor, wholesalers, engineers and code officials.
- Develop annual goal-driven, results-oriented sales plan specific for each rep territory. Monitor and analyze the success of selling strategies/tactics reflective of the sales plan and reporting results to upper level management as required.
- RSM must demonstrate the ability to resolve sales related problems or issues by using negotiation skills, analysis, resourcefulness and sound judgment consistent with company guidelines and procedures.
- RSM must be familiar with customers, competition, pricing, plumbing, building practices, terminology and codes in Canada.
- Responsible for entering sales information and communications into Goldmine, the CRM software.
- Develop high-level strategic customer relationships with key personnel from national accounts and buying groups as directed by Sales Director.
- Communicate with Product Group Directors to keep them apprised of market trends, obstacles and competitors information.
- Work with Product Group Directors to analyze the effectiveness of sales tools and offer insight and suggestions for new sales tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must work well in team environment, contributing ideas and share best practices with Sales Team.
- Must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and possess excellent organization and time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Proficiency in CRM systems.
- Travel – minimum of 70 days per calendar year. Majority of travel will be within respective territory, but will also include buying group events, trade shows and other industry events.
- Ability to perform the physical demands such as walking on the plant floor, job sites, lifting product, setting up displays, using hand and power tools.
- Passport required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Or minimum 7-10 years Sales Experience in Plumbing Industry
Please submit all resumes with experience and qualifications to email@example.com.
No phone calls or recruiters please.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.